Friday, January 18, 2008

green card, contract, resignation updates

i was expecting my green card to arrive anytime today. but i was kinda worried 'coz no no one is around at home to receive it. so, i passed by the guardhouse before going to work. i told the guard if they can receive the courier if no one will answer on my unit.

i went to work, attended trainings, worked then went out to meet my GT friends. while on our way to clarke quay, i got a call from an unknown number.. and it was the courier guy, telling me that he's just a few minutes away from my place. told him to just leave it at the guard house then i'll just get it later,

well, that was like 7 hours ago.. i've opened and checked the contents of the envelope. there's my greencard, my updated job offer and my contract. well, based from my contract.. i have to start on feb 4.. huwat?!?! my last day here is feb 15 pa :(

hmmm... syempre, no choice naman ako but to tell my new employer na thats not possible. they know naman na i have a month's notice pa.. eh buti nga di na sila humirit sa office. lucky me!

plus, i need to get an entry visa pa pala. i might go down the ireland embassy on monday. baka punta ko office tomorrow to print an itinerary. im not sure if this is a requirement. kase ang gulo ng mga nakakausap ko sa embassy... last week when i called to inquire, wala naman.. pero yday, meron na.. hayy...

and my employer finally decided to talk to me.. after two days. pero wala naman syang sinabi. so i asked him na lang if he has any issues with my resignation and my notice period. wala daw pero i might as well talk to his staff. kase he's old na daw and he cant remember things.. so, i reminded him na lang.. told him na a few weeks ago, we've already spoken that with regards to my termination.. im going to use my PR contract which is just one month notice lang. and i told the same to one of his staff who replied that if i have already spoken with boss then there should be no problem...

hopefully. sana. puhon, im crossing my fingers...

No comments: